littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.

I have a Hitachi P50S601 that only has the red standby light

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi P50S601 that only has the red standby light on. The remote does noting. I would like some help with checking out the power supply board. I replaced 2 100 volt 3300 uf (m) capacitors. I checked the new caps before installing them. I realized there was polarity on the capacitors and install them correctly. I have had the buffer boards out and checked them with magnifying glass and strong light. Also checked pins 2 and 6, 20 and 24, 28 and 30, and 36 and 50 for a short. The only power I can find on the power supply board is the 120 AC going in and 5.4 volts DC on the bottom three pins of connector CNPPS. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Was the light ever blinking, or was it steady on? Does the power button on the TV (not the remote) act any differently?