Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Channel selection scrolls uncontrolably between channels,

Customer Question

Channel selection scrolls uncontrolably between channels
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Hisense 55k3300uw. It is new and has never worked normally
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have auto tuned several times dont know what to do
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem, but I hope I can help solve it.

I need to ask a few questions, please:

- Does the scrolling happen without your pressing buttons, or does it happen only when you press a certain button?

- What remote control are you using, the one that came with the TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The scrolling happens on the program select window. A channel is working on the main part of rv but it cannot be chossen. A random channel comes up when you try to select a channel. The scrolling on the program select window is continuous. I am using remote that came with tv.

What button do you press on the TV's remote, when you get the channel scrolling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When i try to change the channel with the remote it will start scrolling through the channels and stop randomly on a channel

Perhaps you have a defective remote then. The button may be sticking, or something else may be wrong with the remote.

Do other remote functions work OK? e.g. Volume control, or others?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I adjust the volume the volume changes and also the channel changes

Then there is something completely wrong with either the remote or the TV.

They came together, and they are defective as new, and this is not a configuration difficulty. I think it is a fault inherent in the equipment.

So the right thing to do is, to pack up the remote at least, if not the TV too, and return them to the store you bought them from, citing the problem inherent in them, and requiring an exchange for another TV of equal or equivalent value in their place. If you purchased it recently enough and return it soon enough, this will still be a good way of settling the problem, by a return-and-exchange deal.

If it is late enough, though, the return-exchange period will be over. (It is meant to be just long enough for you to assess whether your purchase actually works. In this case, it clearly doesn't.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.