Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung UN32EH4003 I can not turn on with remote nor change

Customer Question

Samsung UN32EH4003 I can not turn on with remote nor change volume. The remote works on my other tv as usual. How do I fix the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

This is totally mixed up , I did not mean to opt out of here

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Are you using the cable box /satellite remote or the tv`s own remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Can you give me a few minutes please for the phone request ?

Have to correct a situation about it first

Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Should be with you shortly

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TV UN32EH4003 I am looking for another expert.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TV's own remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back if you still need assistance.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still need assistance
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, please grab Samsung remote that came with this TV, is there any button on that remote work on this TV such as power, menu, volume, source etc?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is buttons for power, menu, volume guide, info, options,widgets,exitA/V
pip,enter(ok), mute
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I understand, does any of those button work on this UN32EH4003 TV in question?
I got it that the remote works on other TVs in home but not on this TV, correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not see source on the Remote but there is a source on the on and off button on TV . I found that while trying to turn off the set
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Please put aside the control button located on TV itself and just focus on TV remote control only.

Is there any button on remote work on this TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can change channels with the remote without any problem --just getting it to turn off and on and get the volume and mute to work
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I guess you're using cable remote right now. I specifically asked to get Samsung TV remote that came with this TV and Samsung would be written on remote as well to check which button works on this TV, can you please try it as it will help me to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

I don't know if this question was reposted but I will be opting out now

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This remote is a Verizon -- I do not have one from Samsung
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, do the other TVs in home also Samsung brand as this Verizon remote works on those TVs?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the Verizone remote works fine on my other tv which happens to be a Panesonic
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This remote has worked fine for many years and up until this Monday!
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, I'm typing answer for you so give me few minutes please..

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

There are few different remotes supplied by Verizon and I'm not sure which one you have so you can check which remote it is by going to following link..

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/setup.htm

There are two possible causes of the problem, either Verizon remote has lost Samsung TV code so you would need to reprogram it by putting Samsung TV code so TV can get correct commands from remote. Click above link to choose your remote and get instructions about how to program it and Samsung TV remote codes etc.

If problem still persist then the remote sensor chip (calls IR sensor) in TV has failed that is why TV isn't getting remote control signals at all, you would need to replace IR sensor board in TV to resolve the problem, IR board is available at following supplier for $10 or so and need to remove back cover of TV to replace IR board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-23845b-p-jog-switch-ir-sensor.htm

Click above link to view IR board image and price info if you have plan to do-it-yourself. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just found the Samsung remote. It will turn on and off but not change channels. I just can't win-at my age this has been extremely stressful. I suppose I could use both to make this work right
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Correct, you can use Samsung remote to change volume and turn On Off the TV and Verizon remote to change channels. Since Samsung remote works that means TV itself is just fine, IR sensor in TV is working and Verizon remote only needs to reprogram with correct code to get it working for Samsung TV.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.