Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Power went out - tv did not recognize hdmi input - rebooted

Customer Question

power went out - tv did not recognize hdmi input - rebooted receiver - same message - weak or no signal
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Samsung plasma - make and model behind the wall mount bar - not accessible. rebooted receiver, unplugged hdmi and plugged back in
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes menu works - source shows tv only - hdmi and other sources greyed out
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: power went out yesterday - got the tv to recognize hdmi - turned it off then went to turn it back on - have not been able to get it to recognize since last night
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I am aware of
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for your trouble here, just as a check could you please let me know if the sets own menu comes up by pressing the menu button on the TVs own remote control (this is just a check)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
menu works - source works - only tv source is available - all others are greyed out

You have rebooted the set?unplugged from wallpower waited 5 mins then replugged set back in again?

If so you need to go into the settings menu and look for a factory\shipping reset in the settings menu and try again, let me know the results of that task

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not seeing settings - picture, sound, equalizer....

You press the menu button and it will be in there under settings or tools ?I cant help you any further with that because I need the model number of the set found on the back of the set or the owners manual samsung made hundreds of models all different

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither place - I will try something else - Thanks