Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My favorite hotel has just upgraded to LG flat screen TV's.

Customer Question

My favorite hotel has just upgraded to LG flat screen TV's. I need to know which plugs on (the back of?) the TV will allow for my video player. There seems to be plug ins for yellow, orange but no white, but there are a couple more of different colors...I'm old school and just want to be able to get my portable DVD player to operate. It's a flat screen 45 inch model but I have no model number.
Thanks for your help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you absolutely cannot see the model number sticker on the tv, then you will need to send us some photos of the input jacks. Quality photos that we can see really good, not some dark blurry tiny photos... Can you do photos or model number??

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

looks like a serial number to me, which does not help, sorry need model number, not serial number.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Closest I could find 49LX770H.

See diagram on page 4 of this document:

Basically composite video like dvd with Yellow/Red/White goes to the jacks on the back of the tv:

Yellow = "VIDEO/Y" jack

Red = "AUDIO R" jack

White = "AUDIO L/MONO" jack

Use INPUT button to choose correct input.

Let me know how else I can help. If you can't find the jacks that are clearly shown on the diagram, take a photo and attach it here.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.