Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

It won't turn on 60 vizio and 42 in Vizio due to atorm, One

Customer Question

It won't turn on 60 vizio and 42 in Vizio due to atorm
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: One is about 5 years old and the other maybe 6
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging everything and turning all power off thru breaker box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No besides we had a bad storm And they are both smart tvs
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Are we talking about TWO different Tv's? both not working?

-Is the power LED on each tv doing anything? on or blinking or?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two different tvs won't come on. Nothing is blinking and nothing is turning on
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

If you are sure these power outlets are "hot", meaning they have power when you plug in something like a lamp, then these Tv's will need parts and service. It could be a fuse or the power board or the main board or any combination of those. If you have experience with a meter and are trying to fix these Tv's yourself, then reply back here for more assistance. Otherwise you will need a repair shop but that can cost $250-$350 for each Tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually $130. It may actually be worth checking prices on new Tv's that come with fresh warranty etc.

Let me know how you want to proceed and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.