Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Have had an audio problem with my Vizio D48-D0 since

Customer Question

Have had an audio problem with my Vizio D48-D0 since purchasing in March. Thought it was a problem related to my Dish Hopper, but after extensive testing by Dish tech, it appears to be a setting/problem on my Vizio.
What would be the cost for assistance with this issue, please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, Shahid.
Thank you for your response.
I have the above mentioned Vizio TV. I also have a Dish Netword Hopper 3 attached/associated with the HDMI-1 input. A Samsung Blu-Ray player is associated with the HDMI-2 input. Once in a while (this week, quite often), I use the HDMI-3 option to be able to watch ESPN3 programming from my laptop on the TV screen.
I only seem to have the problem when using the main TV/Hopper input.
The "sticking" of the audio and loss of audio/video sync happens whenever we rewind, fast forward live or taped TV and when changing channels.
Does that help?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Thanks Renee for the info, very helpful.

Since the sound works fine with Bluray, laptop sources and problem only occurs when watch Hopper box input that confirms the Hopper box internal issue or it could be HDMI cable connecting the two things.

- Have you tried to switch/ exchange the HDMI cable, for example with bluray HDMI cable to see if it helps?
- If problem persist, have you tried to reboot Hooper box by unplug it power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and let it reboot then check sound output?

TV seems just fine as it works two other video sources. If problem persist then please ask your cable service company to replace the cable/ DVR box to resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would have thought the same thing, Shahid, had I not watched the Dish tech do ALL of those things during a 3 hour visit. The DVD player does not do this because there is no audio involved. The other TV's associated with this Hopper/DVR do NOT have this problem. When another TV was switched out in this setup, there were no problems.
The Dish Tech said that there is probably some sort of audio setting on the TV itself that needs to be changed, but I cannot find where that would be.
Can we reevaluate the problem based on this info?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Do you get Hopper channels sound from TV internal speakers OR any sound system/ home theater is connected to get sound?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have no sound system or home theater connected.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is happening most often when using the "skip forward" or "skip back" options...
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I'm out of ideas what is causing the issue, let me repost the question for other experts to have a look.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the picture

From those it almost looks like the part of the screen that looks normal (for the menu anyway) would be the bottom part an dthe top too bright and washed out .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Can you show me a regular tv screen ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

That is the picture menu and i cant read the items at the top but does your model have a BACKLIGHT/CELL LIGHT option ?