Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

NEC TV No Signal floating around. About three hours.

Customer Question

NEC TV No Signal floating around.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: About three hours.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disconnect and rebooting cable server and TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NEC model and three years old.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not right now.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.
1) You need to find the Input button on the TV itself, or it's original remote and use it to select the correct HDMI port you are plugged into with your Cable box. If you're unable to find that button- then I will need the full model number off of the back of the TV.
2) Or if the HDMI Input is not the correct one (shows no signal) then I need you to check how specifically the Cable box plugs into the back of the TV to tell you which Input to select (HDMI, Component, etc.).
Please try those steps and/or postback with the info requested if you need further help.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

The model number is ***** on a sticker on the back of the TV if you need further help.
Also the original NEC remote (not the Cable remote) will have a button labeled either "Input", "Source" or "Video" that allows you to change the Input the TV is set to.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

If the set is on the correct Input, and you've already rebooted the cable box, then this would indicate a fault in the NEC TV- more specifically the Mainboard (which processes external AV signals) is faulty and would require replacement.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.