Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

On my Hitachi model number 57F510 one of the just answer

Customer Question

On my Hitachi model number 57F510 one of the just answer associate told me to replace the power board found one that was supposedly good and the TV still will not come on one thing it did do this time is the two green lights on the board to the right of the power board did come on but can't get the TV to come on with remote or manual pushing the on-off switch is there anything else simple that I could check to see if anything that I can do to fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, in Reply To Expert:
- Is there any kind of blink code or flash code, on the Power light on the front of the TV, now that the power supply has been replaced?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No blinking lights or anything.... the reason I am working on the TV is because one night the TV was working fine the next day I went to turn it on it did nothing there were no storms or power outages butt when I replace the board the two green lights on the board to the right came on and I heard a click that's about it

There might be more than one board defective in it, unfortunately.

If there is still no blink code, then I don't know how to advise you, to be quite honest.

Perhaps - if you have an electronic voltmeter, and some ability to use it - you might find consulting a service manual for this model line to be useful.

Service manuals come from the manufacturer, and they contain troubleshooting procedure tables, parts lists, and disassembly diagrams (identifying the parts), that could be helpful. Would you like me to look for a source for one of these, for your TV's model? it might cost up to $20, or it might possibly be available free of charge.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please do

I have good news for you, this is one of the few models for which service manuals can be obtained free of charge.

From this webpage specifically:

http://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_51f510_57f510_chassis_dp43_sm.pdf/download.html

where you have to use a specific technique to get the manual, free:

open that page then

wait for at least 45 seconds

and then after that tiem, scroll down to below the Preview image of the file,

and look for a link like this:

Get Manual

and click on that link, and only that link.

This link will not appear before the 45 seconds is up, so you have to wait to see it.

All other links on the page are junk, don't bother with them. The 'Get Manual' link is the one that actually provides the service manual - free of charge.

Please tell me whether you need help interpreting the service manual in any respect, and whether it helps you with the task of identifying (hopefully, "for sure") the type of problem.

I myself would try measuring power supply voltage outputs first, comparing them with specifications in the service manual, and proceeding from there... there may be a shorted component in the TV, e.g. one that "holds down" the voltage from the power supply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello link that you sent me to get the manual for the Hitachi TV I guess I waited too long to get it can you send me the link again where I can open it thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

I will do so.

this webpage specifically:

open that page then

wait for at least 45 seconds

and look for a link like this:

Get Manual

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO USE THAT LINK:

YOU MUST WAIT 30 SECONDS BEFORE THE 'processing...' LINK TURNS INTO THE USABLE

GET MANUAL

LINK. Thanks.