Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need repair of a Panasonic LCD TV, tc-26LX85 (Mfg Oct

Customer Question

I need repair of a Panasonic LCD TV, tc-26LX85 (Mfg Oct 1988). It failed to turn on for the first time in its life and now exhibits a blinking pilot light. Realizing the difficulty of this request, I would appreciate your guesses on probable causes. My guess is that it may be a power supply related failure - perhaps a shorted part. Are some parts still available for this oldie?
I am a retired electronic engineer and have been an amateur radio licensee for many years, but I do not know much about modern television sets. Apart from TV technician jargon. I should have little difficulty following a technical explanation.
Thanks in advance for your attention!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Its certainly a lot younger than 1988 ?

The light in the front of the set will be blinking red and pausing please count the amount of red blinks between pauses like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example?

Anthony

You still with me please on the question you asked?

Anthony