How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack Your Own Question
Jack
Jack, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 8343
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752
Type Your TV Question Here...
Jack is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a insignia NS-L37Q-100 when I power it on it will

Customer Question

I have a insignia NS-L37Q-100 when I power it on it will have the please wait screen then will have the component on top right then it will just then power its self off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's April 2009 ns-l37q-10a
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This happened last night I have had it unplugged from everything recently tried to turn it back on the only change is its staying on a little longer
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks thanks for your help
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

What is normally connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

By the way , at some point you will receive a phone offer , it is auto generated by the website , not me and you can accept it if you`d rather do this on the phone , let me know .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I usually have my amazon fire stick and my wii u. I never play the wii just usually watch TV on firestick
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Sorry , had to step out for a bit

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then the fire stick is HDMI , how about the Wii , is it connected component color coded cables ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Turn on the tv and immediately press the HDMI button on the remote to bring up the firestick

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if the tv stays on

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Still with me here ?

I`m thinking your tv turn off because it doesn`t see a signal from your wii or firestick .

Your firestick is on hdmi and if your wii is on component then it has to be turned on .

Right now your tv comes on in component mode so you need to set it hdmi for the firestick

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK well I got a little further this time. I got the firestick screen to come up with all my shows listed then it kicked back off
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then there is more than a no signal problem .

Does it turn off as if you had pressed the power button and you can turn it right back on and this repeats ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Exactly what it does.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then give me a couple of minutes to compose my answer and give you some details

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

First I`ll say that this problem is not going away with some reset , adjustments or wiring , your tv needs repair and obviously I cannot be there to do this myself but I can help you along if you are into that .

At this point without being there with tools and meters I give this a 70% chance on the power board and the other 30% on the main board , there would be some troubleshooting to be done with a voltmeter in order to confirm which is the culprit , again if you are into that and own a meter as well as knowing how to use it then I can help you with that .

You can see various parts for this tv at the link below , never mind if they are not in stock , that would be for ID purpose only and from there they could be found with the correct part number , you will have to match yours , more than one version as you will see at this link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=NS-L37Q-10

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 6 or 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 40" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $300 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

.

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Never mind the last info about the power board , (that's gone now ) , that was meant for another post