Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic Cinemavision 1080HDTV that is over 10

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Cinemavision 1080HDTV that is over 10 years old. Currently just running the Roku on it. Recently, whenever a scene with a white or light background comes up it flickers like crazy. Has worked well all these years and have not changed any setting recently. Is this the beginning of the end?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: Panasonic Cinemavison 1080 HDTV. No model number on front of tv and don't have manual.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Only using the one input for the Roku. Can pull up TV menu. Picture quality is still OK except when a light color background or a white color background comes on and then it flickers. When it goes back to a darker scene or a more balanced screen it is OK.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Less than a month. No known trigger. My guess is that at over 10 years old, this old friend is ready to be retired (expecially with a small spiderweb crack in the lower corner from 3 years ago).
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: First, is this going to cost me for an opinion?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the sticker on the back of the TV please?

2) Which Roku do you have connected- and it is using standard AV cables, or an HDMI cable?

3) When the picture is flickering, if you grab the original Panasonic remote and pull up the set's own MENU, does the MENU also flicker please?

These details are needed to sort this.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I need to run, but will be back online later to check on the info requested.