Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an LG 55LM7600 TV and it will not turn on. Red light

Customer Question

Hello...I have an LG 55LM7600 TV and it will not turn on. Red light in on in the bottom right corner. I have tried to unplug it for 30 minutes then plug back in...no difference. I have tried to unplug it and hold the power button in for 1 minute...plugged it back in .... nothing. Red light still on. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) How old is the set (roughly) and when did the issue occur? Were there any storms, power outages, etc.?

2) When you press the power button, does the red light blink- or does the screen light up- even for a second?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The set is a couple of years old....we had an electrical storm a couple of weeks ago that knocked out the HDMI 1 input. I switched the HDMI cable to HDMI 2 and it worked fine. A couple of days ago the set would not turn on. Red light does blink very briefly if I hit the power button. The screen does not light up at all.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. This does indicate a hardware failure in the TV- more specifically the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. There are no pushbutton fixes for this. That said, the Mainboard is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Are you looking to repair this yourself?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I probably can. How do I get the part?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I am searching for one in stock now.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Might this fix the HDMI 1 port as well?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the HDMI port failing initially is what clues us to the Mainboard having failed.

The part is available and in stock at the link below for $180:

http://www.mxmee.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=893

All of the screws on the back of the TV must be removed, then the back of the set pulled off. The Mainboard is the one that the AV and HDMI ports directly connect to. There are plug in wire connections that must be removed and then several screws around the edges of the board to remove it from the set. Installation is the reverse of removal.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is the full text of this solution emailed to me so I can have your answer via email?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I am not privy to that as I am an independent tech- not a site employee.

However, you can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?