littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a Vizio HD TV Model # SV421XVT Serial Number #

Customer Question

HI my name is Stan
I have a Vizio HD TV
Model # SV421XVT
Serial Number # LSKELAK801549
240 motion rate
Had Direct Satellite TV which gave an excellent picture quality throughout there entire channel line up
Changed to Dish / now picture quality is very bad
Dish techs are telling me it's my eyes and its my Vizio TV
Showed Dish Tech the picture quality coming from my Blue Ray player was excellent colors are vibrant flesh tones looked natural
Picture quality from Dishes top of the line Hopper 3 converter box was totally off
Blurred Standard Def picture
HD picture quality was grainy / unfocused blurred / colors were not natural looking
picture quality thru out channel line ups are inconsistent /Motion also blurs Picture quality
Some commercials were OK /still photos
Soon as TV switched to a movie /quality changed for the worse
I now get yellowy pictures
A Dish customer rep said sorry for the blues and yellows
At the time I didn't know what she was talking about and asked the next Dish Tech that came out and didn't get an answer
Dishes Hopper and other HD converters all put out a signal with converter turned off can this damage my Vizio TV
I told them to fix the picture quality or I want out of their contract
They actually want me to pay a 480 dollar deactivation fee to get out of there 2 year contract
I cant watch the TV as is and they keep telling me it's my eyes and Vizio TV
Any Ideas as to what the real problem is ?
Have a new RG6 Quad shield cable running from the Sat dish direct to Dishes converter box
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I believe you, it's not your eyes if the Blu-ray looks good. This is Dish's doing. We can get you up and running like before, tell me the model number of your dish box, and what type of cable connects it to your TV.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi !

Not much time need to sleep , working nights sleeping days

Dish box is a hopper 3 their top box

Model # Hopper 3

HDMI cable have several normal and 4K capable

Will check in when I can

I'm a truck driver for FedEx Freight on the road more than at home will check back

Help will be appreciated

Sat and Sundays have the most time

Ok, you have the right cables, and it's definitely your Hopper causing the picture to be a bit out of focus. The image resolution is set too low, you can set it to 1080p or 1080i. Click here, select your remote, and at the bottom of the list, you'll see step by step instructions on how to adjust your resolution. Tell me how it looks when you adjust it.