Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp 47' TV. Two days ago it started having

Customer Question

I have a Sharp 47' TV. Two days ago it started having problems with the sound. It sounds like it is shorting out, although the picture is perfect. If I keep it on, to see if it will work itself out of the problem, the noise get louder and louder. I have tried various other channels thinking it might be the television station but it is on the channels.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just guessing I think it might be about 3-4 years old. I don't know the model. Sorry I am at work and don't have access to this information right now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ???
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Trouble shooting means? I have tried other stations. I have tried turning the TV on and off.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: OK. That is all for right now. Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Who is your tv channel provider? comcast or directv or...

-Are you using the speakers built into the tv or external speakers/sound bar/surround sound?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **