Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have A TV Model # 26AV52RZ.The last time I used it ,it was

Customer Question

I have A TV Model # 26AV52RZ.The last time I used it ,it was working fine now I try to used it again it won power. Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Is the power cord for the TV plugged in? Does it have a box in the middle of the power cord? Is that firmly connected at the box?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is plugged in firmly .No box in the middle power cord.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** this is a different expert here. Rusty had to leave to work another job. This set doesn't use an external power box as previously mentioned, it has an internal power supply. That said- can you please tell me if there are ANY signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit or blinking, click sounds when power is pressed, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need assistance with this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If there are absolutely no signs of life on the set at all as requested above, then this indicates the set's internal power supply board has failed and requires replacement. This is very common with flat screens as the power supply is a digital switch-mode board that is built much lighter than a conventional power supply. To fix this issue the power supply board would need to be replaced- which is a plug and play component (meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it) .

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you're looking to perform a DIY repair, you will need to remove the back of the set and visually identify which model power board your set uses. There are two listed as working in your model number- but you still need to match it up with the one that you have. This board is available for right around $35 at the link below for your set:

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge $150 parts and labor for this repair- which is generally not cost effective since the TV can be replaced for the same cost. However if you would like to inquire about repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion you can use the link below to locate a shop in yuor area:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?