Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have Panasonic tv -model #CT-36HX41E. My Problem is that

Customer Question

I have Panasonic tv -model #CT-36HX41E. My Problem is that the tv will play perfectly for five minutes and then cut off. the problem gave no advance warning that something was wrong. The set is plugged into a surge protector. After the set goes off, I have to turn off the surge protector for five or ten minutes, then restart the tv. I believe the surge protector is ok because I have clock also plugged into the protector and its ok. Can you tell me if the television is fixable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Al and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging the Panasonic for an extended period of time? And then plugging back in into a different outlet (not the surge protector for test purposes) ?