Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Sharp lc-60c6400u won't turn on. Get 2long blinks 2short.

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 3years old, sharp aquos liquid crystal.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Holding volume and channel down then plugging in. Holding input and volume down and plugging in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is this something I can fix myself?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, most often a faulty power supply board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

The difficulty here is that these sharp tvs are not well supported and parts are nearly impossible to find. You would more likely end up having to send the board in to be repaired by a specialty shop.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this age however, replacement will often make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty for as little as the $600 range.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?