Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic Viera Plasma 42" TV which is 11 years old

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Viera Plasma 42" TV which is 11 years old and which has operated perfectly until a few hours ago when I was trying to install a new Blu-ray DVD player using a HDMI cord. I couldn't figure how to install the new appliance so I put everything back the way it was before - or so I thought - and now I can't adjust the volume on the TV, the sound won't "mute" - and the TV/Input button doesn't respond. I changed the batteries on the remote but the same thing happens when I try to increase the volume, etc., directly on the TV. Suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.