Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My.justanswer.com/question/guest/a732e7324bb64afc8aac24599de

Customer Question

my.justanswer.com/question/guest/a732e7324bb64afc8aac24599de29cfbPrevious thread. Now the Vizio SV370XVT get's power, I get the Vizio menu for input selection, but connected devices through HDMI aren't recognized. I've no idea what might've changed in the TV to suddenly be partially operational since the initial condiction in the thread above.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Are you saying that you replaced the Mainboard already?

2) If so, where did you purchase it from?

3) Have you tried more than one HDMI device and also more than one cable?

Please postback with details and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do. Thanks for the quick reply. On the previous thread, I couldn't the TV to fully power up. All I got was an orange vizio logo. Another Tech on that thread said it was the main board. I then went on vacation and NOW I get the white vizio logo, a live screen and menu selection capabilities. I did nothing to the TV other than let it sit.I've got devices connected to HDMI1 and HDM2. I get the "detecting signal" message, but then it goes back to the default blue screen without resolving into the input.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. The Mainboard is indeed still the problem. Previously- it had simply locked up. These symptoms- directly point to the board failing. The Mainboard detects all of the HDMI Inputs on the set, and when they fail it means the board needs to be replaced. If you want to fix the set- you need to purchase and replace the Mainboard (which is the AC signal board). Was this something you're looking to do yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

That board is part number: Vizio 3632-0872-0395 and is generally found online in the $75-$100 range. The rear of the set must be removed to access and replace the board- but the board itself is "plug and play" (meaning no soldering is needed).

We see this issue dozens of times a week on your TV, and there are no permanent pushbutton fixes. The board is the processor in the TV and requires replacement to fix the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Alternatively, a shop will charge close to $250 parts and labor for this job and can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?