Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I misplaced the remote and I want to turn it off. I can't

Customer Question

I misplaced the remote and I want to turn it off. I can't che3ck the model number easily because I live alone.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I'll try to read the model number, but be patient. It's in another room.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The 42" Samsung flat screen tv was in the house when I bought it in October 2014. I don't know how long it had been in the house, but presumably less than 7 years (length previous owners were in the house before I bought it). I believe the model number is *****
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I misplaced the remote sometime in the last six hours when I was sorting papers for the trash. I haven't tried the menu on the cable box, but I was able to lower the volume.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you think you can help me soon? I don't want to leave the tv on when I go to sleep and I've spent about three hours trying to locate the remote. I'm very tired.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Shahid,
Thank you for your willingness to help. I found a solution while I was waiting, so I'm going to sleep now. It's after 7 a.m. and I've been up all night trying to find the remote. Again, no need to proceed with additional service or response. Thank you!
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Nice, sounds good the problem is resolved.

Have nice sleep~

Shahid.