Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The red LED is blinking seven times, believe it maybe the Y

Customer Question

The red LED is blinking seven times, believe it maybe the Y sustain board for my 54" Plasma TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hello, again Ma'am
Just wanted to know if you received my last message?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: TV will not turn on
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Where to buy the replacement parts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Yes the likelihood is the Y sus is bad for 7 blinks however we replace the buffers as well as the Y sus as often the buffers are responsible for the demise of the Y sus so all boards go in together at the same time.

Before doing that it would be a good idea to reboot the set a we have had some erroneous blink codes from the se sets , so you unplug the set from wallpower take out all the inputs in the back of the set wait 10 mins the press the on\off switch hold it there for 10 seconds wait another 5 mins then switch on the set with no inputs, is it still blinking 7?

Let me know please

Antony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony