Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Polaroid TV hooked up to a Roku but cannot get the

Customer Question

I have a Polaroid TV hooked up to a Roku but cannot get the TV input to change. What can I do? thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a 48" 1080 P and less than a year old sku 43976216
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just since attaching roku yesterday cannot change from HDMI 1 to HDMI2
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the actual model number off of the back of the TV?

2) Which Roku model do you have?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks. Is the Roku the only HDMI source you've tried on the TV? Also did you plug the Roku in while the TV was turned ON?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right now we have our AT&T box hooked up to HDMI 1. We got the roku 3 yesterday which also needs to be hooked up go an HMDI outlet; so it is in HDMI 2. When I press source on the TV, and scroll to HDMI 2, I am unable to select HDMI 2 and the display with all inputs disappears within seconds
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay, I had asked if you plugged the Roku into the TV when the set was on because that is the most common cause of this issue. However please try the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off and unplug it.

2) Disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV.

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release.

4) Plug the HDMI cables back into the set.

5) Turn it on and see if you can select the HDMI ports.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That did not work
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

So what Input is the TV stuck on now then?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The Roku? Shut it off and pull the Roku HDMI cable out of the TV. Turn it back on and let me know what the TV is doing.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me here? If the TV responds normally after disconnecting the Roku, then you may simply have a bad HDMI cable.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.