Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

On our Vizio VM190XVT "the Settings App" self displays a

Customer Question

on our Vizio VM190XVT
"the Settings App" self displays a lot, blocking our view of the lower left corner of the screen way too often. I realize that this area houses the touch/proximity sensitive buttons, but there is nothing close to the area to trigger the display of the App.
Is there a way to inhibit this activity?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm here Jack.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

give me a few minutes please , something came up while waiting for your reply , be with you shortly

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

With you now and we`ll see about turning off that store demo and set it to HOME use

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

You will need to go in the HELP menu then SETUP WIZARD and go through it , the second item will be about HOME USE select that and then you can skip the rest , no need for channel scan and that demo should be gone

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am giving that a try.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My TV set show it as "Home Mode" (not "home use"), which is what was high lighted when it came up. I selected Home Mode and went on. It's not the full, almost half screen menu that keeps coming up, rather it is the thick bar that shows what each of the six touch button lights are (channel up, channel down, volume up, volume down, etc.) and that bar still keeps rising and falling about every 30 seconds to a minute.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Home mode ,same thing

I`m sorry but something came up and i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I selected Home Mode and went on. It's not the full, almost half screen menu that keeps coming up, rather it is the thick bar that shows what each of the six touch button lights are (channel up, channel down, volume up, volume down, etc.) and that bar still keeps rising and falling about every 30 seconds to a minute.