Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My converter box has never stayed on for any length of time

Customer Question

my converter box has never stayed on for any length of time and today i cant get it to stay on long enough to check the stats on it to see what the problem might be. want to watch the olympics in my bedroom. the box is S/N 13K07000248 DOLBY DIGITAL
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Whom is your cable provider and what is the brand and model number off of the front of the converter box (for example: Explorer 4340 HD, etc.)?

2) Have you tried a reboot by disconnecting the converter from power for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.