Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP-5080HD, 9 years old, hasn't

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP-5080HD, 9 years old, hasn't given me any issues until today - powered on and had no picture, blue light is on. The first time i could change channel and still no picture. I got green rectangles flashing on/off and multi colored lines and now there's nothing, the blue light does go on but no picture whatsoever. Not sure what it might be? thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Pioneer Plasma PDP-5080HD, 9 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, i'm not sure how to
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats reallty it, thx
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Do you get the Pioneer startup screen when the TV is powered up- or nothing but a black screen?

2) Is the screen "backlit"- meaning slightly lighter than if the set were off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** resolved the issue - unplugged and help power button down 10 secs and replugged