Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm checking to see if I can add apps to a magnavox smart TV

Customer Question

i'm checking to see if I can add apps to a magnavox smart TV it is my girlf friend's and I am not there right now
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: the tv is a magnavox Ill try to get the model #
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: She set it up last night it is an olderf model and can only netflix, hulu and you ube
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Any idea how old is the TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll have to send you the info later this evening I am in a diffwent city and won't be there until this evening it is older but not sure how old is it possible that apps cannot be added ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Let me explain the situation, older TV has very limited memory to keep the apps installed and this can only be done by Firmware Update released by Philips, in other words if Philips release a firmware update that might contain different apps but it will remove few older apps installed in TV (because of low memory space in TV) so this process isn't like you do in a computer or smart phone to add or deleted apps freely.

Alternate option is to plug Roku device or Chromestick or Apple TV device to TV to get lots more/ latest free and paid internet video streaming channels on the TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.