Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My 32" Olevia LCD TV is now red with a bar that fades in and

Customer Question

my 32" Olevia LCD TV is now red with a green bar that fades in and out on top of screen when trying to watch any cable TV but plays DVD's in correct color.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's about 5 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing besides unplugging the cable box, the chromecast and the DVD player.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No,thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The likelihood is that you have a problem with the box OR the leads from the box to the TV so the first thing to do is reboot both the box and the TV by unplugging both from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Trying...

OK take your time

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No change
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Am I supposed to pay for no answer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello? There is no change on my TV after unplugging the box and TV and rebooting. Still red screen with occasional green fade across top.

Yes sorry I just dropped the connection

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, so what do I do now?

If you are using a HDMI lead please swap the lead we have endless trouble with hdmi leads if using RCA make sure these are all plugged in both at the box and the TV if all is good and correct you will need to contact your provider who will swap the box as the box is bad, if a DVD works OK it confirms box is bad

If you need more help let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

Anthony