Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Guys I recently replaced my the damaged mainboard of my

Customer Question

Guys I recently replaced my the damaged mainboard of my 47ln5750 lg smart tv with a mainboard from a 42ln5700-dh lg tv. I now realise that the magic remote doesnt work an I am unable the access any of apps. Also he pointer option in the settings menu is greyed out. Can you assist me
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide

the right answer to your question.

It is probable that your smart remote is either not compatible with the newly installed main board's revision level (since it was not an exact replacement down to the revision level.)

Or else, there is some other problem.

It might, for instance, be a coincidental failure of your smart remote. In which case, checking the remote, its batteries, etc., would be the right thing to do.

With certain types of remote control, it might well be that you will need to re-register the remote to the 'new' TV - 'new', in that its identity, as far as the remote is concerned, probably has changed, with the change of the main board.

Is the remote in question the one that came with the TV? or is it an added-on remote, or a Harmony remote, or similarly not original to the TV?

You might in fact have to replace the remote, if it is the original remote that came with the TV, with a remote for a 42ln5700 TV.

Or, at very worst, you might have to get a universal remote and program it to the LG model you have, and see if that works.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.