Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic 50" LED TV Model TH-L50B6Z. Just today it

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic 50" LED TV Model TH-L50B6Z. Just today it has got a black shadowy spot in the centre of the screen and fades and flickers. I have tried receiving on WiFi and Satellite dish and that makes no difference. I have also shut down completely and disconnected the power supply but all to no avail.
Trevor
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Trevor and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would the same "...black shadowy spot in the centre of the screen and fades and flickers..." be evident even if just viewing just the MENU?

Turned OFF, is there anything out of the ordinary with the screen/panel?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is most obvious when viewing the Sky TV Guide as it is mostly white. It is practically unnoticeable when viewing pictures.
There is nothing out of the ordinary when turned off.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Help me visualize please; post back with a picture showing this "...black shadowy spot in the centre of the screen..." Click HERE.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I went to take a photograph and the screen is now perfectly OK.
????????????
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Was there a flash when the picture was taken?

This model has several automated features which may be acting or would be having a glitch every now and then. These would be Vivid Colour, Adaptive Backlight Control, Ambient sensors, Noise reduction among others (several others).

Changes in ambient light may cause reaction or in this auto-correction; another automated feature.