Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I replaced the main board and the power board still wont

Customer Question

I replaced the main board and the power board still wont turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sceptre x505bv no just one day would not turn on led light on front is not on either
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Replaced the 2 boards
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the Sceptre x505bv completely / electrically dead?

Still, please post back with clear pictures of the inside of the TV showing these boards. Of particular interest would be the connectors to the AC power cord and the power supply board.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its dead
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Appreciate the post back and images.

With the unit unplugged, what are the resistance readings between the 2 legs of the green disc left side near the AC INPUT connector? about the fuse F1?

With the unit plugged in, is there 120V AC between the blue and brown wires? about 180V DC between the 2 legs of the big capacitor?

A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very natures requires that the TV be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the fusef1
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to locate fuse F1? ...right of the AC INPUT connector.