Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My beautiful 80" Sony tv will not let me get into netflix or

Customer Question

My beautiful 80" Sony tv will not let me get into netflix or other sites. I have changed batteries in the remote but get no response-please help! Thank you.
Susan Moy
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you, Susan.

Could you give me the full model number of the tv, please?

Do you get an error message?
Is the tv completely unresponsive?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, no error message. The tv works on the xfinity remote, but not on the remote that lets me get into net flix, etc. Oh, and just for fun, my house phone doesn't work either. I have changed batteries for the remote-that did not help and the only number I have for the tv is: XBR79X900B. Is this what I'm looking for?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Yes that is the number.

So on the sony remote (the "big" one, not the touchpad/mouse type one), press the blue HOME button, then the red Netflix button, and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need help with this, Susan?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did NOT write the question above, someone named "Nathan" did.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Again, I did not write in the Sony question--"Nathan" did.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Susan, the original question:

My beautiful 80" Sony tv will not let me get into netflix or other sites. I have changed batteries in the remote but get no response-please help! Thank you.Susan Moy

came from you.

I replied back asking you for some additional information, I need to communicate back and forth with you to reach a resolution.

Again, please press the blue HOME button, then the red Netflix button, and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
FOR THE LAST TIME, I DID NOT SUBMIT THE SONY TV QUESTION! I submitted a real estate question. I'll be speaking with my lawyer tomorrow, so I'll wait for him to talk with me. Please correct your error so I don't keep getting e-mails from you, thinking I am "Nathan."
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Susan, I assure you I did not initiate this query, it is showing under your account and posted as you.

If you did so accidentally, have forgotten about it, or no longer need help, then you would request to cancel that from the help page.