Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a sony tv xbr-49x830c that has only two remotes. I

Customer Question

I have a sony tv xbr-49x830c that has only two remotes . I bought the 2nd remote from sony
and it is a touch pad remote for voice activation and was not with the tv.The instructions say
select settings and go to the touch pad remote control settings in order to pair the remote
to the tv. You then press volume and at the same time heit the mike ico at the top left.
I did that and nothing happened. Do this mean that the remote is defective or is there
some thing else than I can do.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you give me the model number of the remote?