Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Toshiba Regza 42HL67 LCD TV, purchased in 2008.

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Regza 42HL67 LCD TV, purchased in 2008. About 8 months ago the picture size changed. I don't mean the Natural, Theaterwide 1-2 oe 3, full, 4.3HD or Native choices. The problem is the picture in any of these needs to be "cropped" Words written on the top, bottom, or sports scores in a corner are partly hidded. The "picture size makes no difference" Is there an adjustment that can be made?Jack
Iowa
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Jack usually this problem is not caused by the TV but by any satellite or cable box you may be using , their is a "conflict" of aspect ratio between the box and the TV so what you need to do is pick up the box remote and look for these buttons>

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have Dish TV. There is no button on the remote with any of the things you mentioned.

OK can you please get me the model number of the box found on the front or back of the box please then give me 5 mins to sort this out thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
VIP722K DVR

OK give me 5 please

Oh why have they made this box complicated, it has got the aspect ratio but its hardly understandable, OK please reboot the box and the TV by unplugging both from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again do the same with the TV at the same time let me know if the geometry of the pic has gone back to normal

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Dish TV remote has a button in the lower left corner named "format" I pressed it several times and the problem seems to be resolved I hope.

Yes that is it good spot I did not see it when I looked but yes aspect ratio\format are the same things

A positive rating is appreciated thank you their will be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thanks again will allow me to receive credit from the site , if you need anything else let me know, question remains open for 30 days

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony