Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

My remote is not selecting when I brows on the screen it

Customer Question

My remote is not selecting when I brows on the screen it moves to the side & controls the page movement. How do I fix this problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is this when you are using the smart apps?
Or for cable/satellite, or something else?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Smart app.. really just on browser.. if I go to a site I can't seem to select, for example, the Play icon for it to play the video
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, that is by design, the browser cannot play videos. You can't select it because the content isn't available in the firstplace.

The tv does not support flash, silverlight, etc directly.
This is a limitation of the tv itself.
The browser function on these smart tvs is extremely limited in capability,it is not a full browser, and the tv isn't a computer.
The built in browser is designed for basic, primarily text based, websites only.
The browser doesn't support video or other rich media content, and can't run other plugins or extensions
so it can't handle most media based sites.
You'll find this to be the case with most all smart tvs. Because their processing and memory power is limited, and they run on a specially designed firmware (operating system), they just don't have the ability to run anything a computer or other device could. They can only handle the specially designed built in apps that come pre loaded or are available to add direct from the TV manufacturers "app store".
The only real way around that is if the site/service you're wanting to use has a dedicated app offered by the manufacturer for this tv,
like youtube for example. You can't go to youtube in the browser, but you can use the youtube app
Now there are alternatives,
by hooking up external device like a laptop or pc and using the samsung as a monitor.
Your tv may also have a "mira" function that will allow you to stream content directly from certain compatible pcs and android devices in a similar manner.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was playing before
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't select anything not even a new tab..
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It depends on the content, most is not going to work through the browser,

you can navigate through it to select links for example and text, or click on buttons/images even that link to other content, but it is not designed for playing in browser video

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

If the browser itself is not responding, you may have outdated firmware, and you can go into the samsung settings menu to run the Software Update function

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?