Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

It will not come on. Turn it off one night Then would not

Customer Question

It will not come on. Turn it off one night Then would not come on the next day. The red light is on. So I know there is power. Tried to turn n with remote and at the TV. unplugged everything and waited and replugged and still nothing.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: I tried all the remotes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: LG 32LG70
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: WE have Xfinity and that cable box light is now out. After I unplugged everything that won't light up either.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

1) Roughly how old is the set?

2) Were there any storms, power outages, etc. just prior to this occurring?

3) If you press the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) is there any response from the red standby light at all?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. Please reply back to the info requested here to proceed with me on this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5 years May have been a storm at sometime but other tvs all work. Nothing happens when I
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what should I try to fix this problem?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. The standby light being stuck on indicates the TV's Mainboard is locked up- as this is the part that provides the turn on command in the set. This generally requires replacement of the board (and storms are usually when we see the issue occur).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I will go try this hold on.Nothing happened I did it 3 times.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you're still having the same issue, unfortunately there are no pushbutton fixes for this and the symptoms indicate a hardware failure in the set. The Mainboard needs to be replaced to fix the issue. If that is something you're looking to do yourself the Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below for $42 with shipping and it's a "plug and play" part (meaning no soldering or special tools are required to swap it):

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with a shop will charge close to $200 parts and labor for this type of job- and that is not cost effective as a brand new 32" LED TV can be purchased for the same cost.

However if you'd like to inquire about repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I unplugged it was the tv itself.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, what?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you saying you're having the same problem? If so, please review my answer above as it addresses what is wrong with the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?