Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Samsung plasma tv volume is mute or full. Will hooking up a

Customer Question

samsung plasma tv volume is mute or full. Will hooking up a stereo bypass the volume issues? Is there an easy solution?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Linda and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, did the volume level ever worked before as expected?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it worked fine for over a year and suddenly went up to 100 (top) and i played with it and it went mute. I assumed I'd done something by mistake and should try and reset it; but when I went online I read that a lot of people had the same experience and it was a problem with the TV.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.

And the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue.

....repairs or adding a stereo; please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You haven't told me anything I did not already know. I don't consider this has helped. So I conslude this as not satisfactory and i will not proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.