Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Its not turning on, Its a Mitsubishi box flat screen model

Customer Question

Its not turning on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Its a Mitsubishi box flat screen model number is ***** and the serial number is *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: And no it hasnt done this before. All i have done is unplugged it and i dont have a remote
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I just want it to come on for my babies
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Unplugging the power cord for a while is the only hope at an easy fix. Unfortunately the Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, very complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing $350 and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted. Due to the age of this Tv, I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind that an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so is there a reset button on this tv
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

which does exactly the same thing as unplugging the power cord for 3 minutes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so where is it located and what does it look like
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Don't worry about a reset button. Pressing it does nothing but cut the power to the tv, which is exactly just like unplugging the tv power cord. You said you unplugged it, right. That is all you can do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but my husband wants to know there is alot of dust covering the botton and the button might be stuck i just need to know plz give me the answer i am looking for
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I know that realizing your tv needs expensive repairs is no pleasant. No amount of reset or stuck buttons will help you. The whole back of the tv has to come off, then complex checks with a meter performed, then expensive parts need to be replaced. This should be done by a trained technician and will cost at least $350. My recommendation is do not put any money into this tv, it is too old.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is the husband i am a tech i have a meter i want to know where the button is on the tv i didnt spend money to not get my answer this is what ur here for and what i paid for so it would be great to get my answer not an excuse thank u
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

You are a tv tech?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Give me the answer or im gonna contact the site and complain and get my money back with my answer so if u would Mike G. I am saking for the answer to my question
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I do not feel comfortable with the direction of your conversation and will be opting out. That means another technician will help you now.