Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just bought a vizio D24-D1 TV and connected with my

Customer Question

I just bought a vizio D24-D1 TV and connected with my wireless router. I want to interface with my computer to play games. Hopefully this is possible
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The Vizio has built in Apps that use the internet to stream video from sources like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

It cannot share the network in the way of playing what is on your computer through the router.

It needs to have a hard-wired connection to the computer (such as an HDMI, or VGA to component converter).

The only set that can share what is on the computer using the wireless network in Samsung's AllShare feature.

That being said, if you would like to connect the computer to the TV, you will need the appropriate cabling. In order to tell you what you will need, I will need the full brand and model number of the computer please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks it wont be necessary. We were misinformed when we purchased.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, and sorry to hear that. While the set has it's own browser that can be used to go to various web sites, it cannot directly mirror what is on your computer without cabling. Sorry for the bad news.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
30 second answers will cost you 5 bucks. Does that answer your question.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

It sounded like you needed the information you requested, which is why you posted a question here- am I mistaken?

Also, I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***