Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a Westinghouse flat screen model ld-4655vx that was

Customer Question

I have a Westinghouse flat screen model ld-4655vx that was working fine earlier. Had sleep timer on it, but bow won't turn back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

You mean the power light is blinking at the front ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No no power
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

O.k but you were saying something about the sleep timer ?

Is there a blinking light on the tv now ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last time it was on, I used the sleep timer now it won't turn on
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Or is it totally dead no action ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Totally dead
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

O.k then here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried.

In a case like this the power supply is always the first suspect although this model has main board problems as well namely its eeprom chip.

This tv has an external power supply so that makes it easy to check if you have a voltmeter or any repair shop will test it free of charge .

If it turns out to be the culprit then you can get a new one for $16 at the link below;

If it turns out to be the main board then there are 2 versions of it for this model and you would have to verify the board number directly on it before buying anything , it will be either 60.EB41M.04A or 69.EB41M.04A

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Any questions on this ?