Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

26LD350 MODEL, We cannot get any sound from it. it has been

Customer Question

26LD350 MODEL,
We cannot get any sound from it. it has been used as a monitor, is it possible that the sound was disabled or disconnected? We have tried thru the menu but to no avail is there a reset?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What are you connecting into the tv? cable/sat box or dvd or game or?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
tried the uverse box and a pc, currently connected to a pc, no sound aaaaaaaaafter going thru new wires different connections and outputs.
is it understood that the payment is for results i will get sound or for the answer whether you can fix this or not?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Payment is for my time regardless of whether you get sound working during our session. I do not do this for free. It is my income. I will be happy to help but if you are going to base you paying me on whether or not you get sound working right now, then I am not interested.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

You can reset the tv by using the original LG remote:
MENU
OPTION
FACTORY RESET

If that does not get the sound back then the Main board inside the tv needs to be replaced. I can help you locate, buy, and install the board. Otherwise your tv is not worth fixing compared to the prices of new tv's.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok sorry for the inconvenience then
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thought this was a LG technical service not a private consultation
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you. appreciate you being there on a Sunday.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

If your tv is not under warranty, you would have to call a local repair shop which costs $100 up front for a visit to your home.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you think i understand, nothing to be done, i decline paying
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

You asked how to reset the Tv. I gave you that exact information and more... how to replace the board inside the tv to make it work properly again. Saving you so much time and money usually is appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no, that was clearly stated by me i tried that too in the menu.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no i did not get the repalcement instructions I decline the payment and will dispute it
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

good luck with your tv

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** brick now. I will void the transaction since i asked you immediately what was it that entails and i was going to get for it, based on your replay replied that did not agree to the terms and cancel it.
if you tell me you are going to charge me, then this is like a physhing scam, lured into it and cannot decline once explained how it works.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

goodbye

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i cannot place a rating in all fairness because i declined your service, how do i conclude this ?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

already concluded. do not reply.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

if you receive any more communications, they are not from me (the technician)... they are from the site.