Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Sony KDL-52XBR9 - flash red 10 times pauses and repeats,

Customer Question

Sony KDL-52XBR9 - flash red 10 times pauses and repeats
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started this morning
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: worked fine last night
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: unplugged twice for several minutes
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

The 10 blinks signifys a fault code, did this happen immediately after you switched the TV on or was the set running and this happened please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no it was off, went to turn on this morning
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can this be reset?

OK the error code is not good its a bad LCD display, unfortunately its not an option to replace the LCD display (screen) due to costs , I remember this happening when these sets was new sony did have a re-call for these and other models (now ceased), I am sorry for dismal news on this let me know if you need further clarification or more help.

I know its bad news however I do need to be rated positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you so I receive credit from the site thanks again

If you need anything let me know

Do you need any more help with this please?once again I am sorry for bad news here, please understand if you had called a tech out or took the set to a shop they would have charged you a minimum of $50 and usually $100 for this very same information, LCD panel failure is probaly the most common issue we have with flat panel TV and manuf dont seem to be any near getting the failure rate down, you are lucky that the set has well exceeded its life expectancy anyhow (life expectance for LCD set is about 5 to 6 years)

If you decide to go for a new set I can also give you some advice on that

Thanks again

PS please remember to rate the answer positively so the site paye me thanks again