Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE A VCR AND DVD COMBINATION PLAYER ATTACHED TO MY lg

Customer Question

I HAVE A VCR AND DVD COMBINATION PLAYER ATTACHED TO MY lg 55" SMART TV BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THESE PLAYERS WHILE WATCHING REGULAR TV.I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH MY VCR TAPES AND DVD'S AT TIMES WHEN NOTHING IS ON TV.HOW CAN I TECHNICALLY ACCESS MY VCR AND DVD PLAYER ON THIS COMPLICATED lg 55" SMART TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Joseph and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and DVD/VCR combo. Additionally, please describe how the DVD/VCR is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the vcr and dvd player is a SANYO product I don't have the model no.# handy.i did not connect the vcr combo to the tv so It's too technical for me to give you the correct answer.I thought there is a standard way of accessing the vcr and dvd player because my cable installer had the vcr and dvd operating when he was here last time.he was in a big hurry so he did not show me how to access the vcr and dvd modes.because this tv was bought off the display sight I was not given a manual on how to operate this tv.the manual most likely has all the information I need to properly operate everything.So if there is no standard way of accessing the vcr or dvd I am just have to get hold of an operating manual that comes with each tv?
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

I understand Joseph though it would have made my replies more detailed/appropriate for the given models.

Still, with most LG models, it would be a matter of pressing the INPUT button a couple of times.

Can you please try playing a known to be good VHS tape or a DVD movie disc and then press the LG TV's INPUT button a couple of times with slight pauses in between until the VHS or DVD movie is displayed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No,I spent too much money on this problem already,so I will not talk about it over the phone.I am going to try and get the operating manual for this tv from LGand proceed from there.Thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of site offers which are machine and systems generated.

As posted above can you please try the INPUT button of the TV ?