Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE A VCR AND DVD COMBINATION PLAYER ATTACHED TO MY lg

Customer Question

I HAVE A VCR AND DVD COMBINATION PLAYER ATTACHED TO MY lg 55" SMART TV BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THESE PLAYERS WHILE WATCHING REGULAR TV.I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH MY VCR TAPES AND DVD'S AT TIMES WHEN NOTHING IS ON TV.HOW CAN I TECHNICALLY ACCESS MY VCR AND DVD PLAYER ON THIS COMPLICATED lg 55" SMART TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi Joseph and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and DVD/VCR combo. Additionally, please describe how the DVD/VCR is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the vcr and dvd player is a SANYO product I don't have the model no.# handy.i did not connect the vcr combo to the tv so It's too technical for me to give you the correct answer.I thought there is a standard way of accessing the vcr and dvd player because my cable installer had the vcr and dvd operating when he was here last time.he was in a big hurry so he did not show me how to access the vcr and dvd modes.because this tv was bought off the display sight I was not given a manual on how to operate this tv.the manual most likely has all the information I need to properly operate everything.So if there is no standard way of accessing the vcr or dvd I am just have to get hold of an operating manual that comes with each tv?
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

I understand Joseph though it would have made my replies more detailed/appropriate for the given models.

Still, with most LG models, it would be a matter of pressing the INPUT button a couple of times.

Can you please try playing a known to be good VHS tape or a DVD movie disc and then press the LG TV's INPUT button a couple of times with slight pauses in between until the VHS or DVD movie is displayed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No,I spent too much money on this problem already,so I will not talk about it over the phone.I am going to try and get the operating manual for this tv from LGand proceed from there.Thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of site offers which are machine and systems generated.

As posted above can you please try the INPUT button of the TV ?