Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

TV scrolling through the options automatically & not turning on

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 75" LED TV (un75h6350afxza). I went to turn it on and the TV started scrolling through the options automatically and would not stop; like a button was stuck. After fooling with it for a while longer, it would not turn on anymore. I figured the mainboard was going out so I replaced it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What is it doing now ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even with the new main board in it, it would still not come on. The red standby light stayed lit the whole time, but would not come on with the remote or jog button on the back. So I figured I had a bad power board. So I replaced that too. That did not fix anything either. So finally, I thought, maybe the jog button is fault and interfering with the tv being able to turn on. I replaced that yesterday and now the TV does come on, but no display. I tried swapping the old mainboard and power board back, but it just powers on then is black. So the question is, i have a spare main board, spare power board, spare jog button board, everything but the tcon board. How can i diagnose this better instead of just swapping parts? These parts were purchased from and not only did I match up TV model, but I took the model off the boards before purchasing to ensure I had correct part.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Sorry but I cannot diagnose this without being there with tools and meters myself at the point you are now and there are no service manual available to top it off

I will opt out and repost your question .

Perhaps someone here will have something for you on this