Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Today when I turned the tv on, I got the message "Weak or no

Customer Question

Today when I turned the tv on, I got the message "Weak or no signal". The remote would do nothing — not even turn the tv on or off.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Model # LN40A550P3F. With the source button on the side I can get a signal, after which the remote will change channels. But the remote will not turn the tv off. I did turn it on using the remote, but it would not turn it off. Confused.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? What confuses you?
Customer: What confuses me is that the remote will not work. "Source" will not work, not did anything else work until I used the "source" button on the tv itself. Although after doing so the remote will change channels, it will not turn the tv off.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No - thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Are you using Samsung remote that came with the TV to turn it On-Off?

or it is cable remote?