Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Mitsubishi DLP TV model # WD-60738 and the TV will

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi DLP TV model # WD-60738 and the TV will not turn on and the status light is flashing in front
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is there any pattern/sequence to the "...status light is flashing in front..."; something like 3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...

Have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plug back in into a different outlet?

Once done, would the "...status light is flashing in front..." start immediately upon plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No defined pattern, unplugged overnight and flashing green status light came back on when TV plugged back in
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.

That it immediately blinks upon plugging back in is rather significant as it would be indicative that the Mitsubishi has kicked in auto-protect mode due to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Based on Anthony's recommendation I've ordered a new lamp already and see if that works and then go from there. I don't think that I need to go to that level yet with a multi meter and soldering iron even if I'm proficient with both.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert. It appears the question is still open showing that you need help. Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I did not realize that there was another question opened as this was a requested question.

Let me opt out as it would appear that your issue has been addressed.

Still, good luck with the Mitsubishi.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fix that Anthony recommended by replacing the bulb did not work. Replaced the bulb with a $150 Mitsubishi bulb and it still does the same. I will have to take the TV to a technician to check it out.