Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It keeps freezing. the sound is there. Visio only 4 years

Customer Question

it keeps freezing. the sound is there. Visio only 4 years old. Called Directv and went through the whole reset thing, and unplugged tv from the wall.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model VIZIO E472VLE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged from the wall. Still not sure it is not the cable but earlier the picture froze and was pink.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, just trying to figure out if it is the tv or directv. and if it is the tv that sucks b/c it is only 4 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you saying the picture is freezing?

Does this only happen on dtv? What about on dvd, games, apps, etc?

If you bring up the vizio menu screens, do they appear properly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do not play games.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
only have tv on dtv. freezes and pixels. try to change channels and it takes forever to get the channel. Last week couldn't get one channel at all.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

That sounds like a box issue.

Can you please tell me if the vizio menu comes up ok and is easily navigated (no stalling, pixilation, etc)

Is it possible for you to hook something else up even just temporarily to test it, bring a dvd player from another tv/room?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nevermind. I will figure this out tomorrow. Already about to go ballistic after talking to directv.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

It's a simple test to look at the menu.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really don't want to right now. I was just checking online and got into this site. don't want to spend any money on this. sorry for your time.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You've already paid your full fee to the site.

I"m an independent tech, spending my own personal time without pay, until you rate me to credit me for my work.

It would be a simple diagnosis when you can provide the requested information, and we can continue tomorrow or later if you prefer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i'm not trying to keep you from getting paid. I will continue this tomorrow.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I did not mean to imply that you were, just explaining how the site works.

Just bookmark/favorite this page and you can come back to it at any time to send me a message at your convenience.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Will do. Sorry i'm frustrated and it's been a long day. I will contact you tomorrow. Thanks for you help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome. Have a good night,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?