Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

We've had our flat screen for about 6 years, and suddenly

Customer Question

We've had our flat screen for about 6 years, and suddenly the left side of the screen became dark. Tapping seemed to work for awhile, bringing it back to normal. Now the left side is dark, while the right appears normal. Is there anything we can do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you; here is the requested info: model #DP46849
Serial #B9330824618982
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

For a Sanyo DP46849 model and if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom would almost always indicate an internal hardware issue.

The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Louie, this info did very little to help me. If at all possible, I'd like my deposit back. Thank you!
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On billing & payment concerns including deposits, please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you!