Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My remote om my Lg e remote will turn TV on and off but is

Customer Question

My remote om my Lg e remote will turn TV on and off but is stuck in netflix
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

These symptoms would indicate the TV's processor is either locked up- or in some cases the "Mainboard" in the set has failed (which is the part that processes all of the Apps and Inputs).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and operates normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If that does not allow the set to bootup beyond the Netflix app, then please postback with the following:

1) The model number off of the back of the LG set.

2) The rough age of the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.