Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Logik tv says it has power ie red light but won't turn on,

Customer Question

Logik tv says it has power ie red light but won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Logik l32he23(a) just turned off will see if it fixes issue
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turned it off for about 2 minutes and changed batteries on remote and turning on from the unit that's all I have tried
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope that's it thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

These symptoms generally indicate a hardware failure in the set- more specifically with the Mainboard, since the steady red light with no response from power means the Mainboard is not providing the turn on command in the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.